Recycled Materials Data Sheet
PRODUCT: ECOSTONE® TILES
Supplier: Agglo Baghin SRL
Ecostone is a natural product produced with the innovative technology Terastone Breton System, which puts together a mixture of high quantity of prestigious stone material (such as marbles, granite, siliceous stone, quartz,..) with cement and a limited quantity of water.
Ecostone products contain only natural components. Ecostone doesn’t contain any resinous substance. The result is a natural product that can be ideally used for any kind of environment.
- For our production we use approx. a 75% of Eco-preferred contents: each product contains approx. 75% of stone aggregates (crushed stones coming from natural stone quarries). The remaining 25% is composed by white cement (Portland 5.25 Class 1) and water.
- The product we supply has a long-lasting durability (≥ 15 years), and IT CAN BE RESTORED AND RENOVATED MORE TIMES AFTER ITS INSTALLATION AND THIS POSSIBILITY ALLOWS A LONGER LONG-LASTING DURABILITY.
- All the Ecostone’s components are natural materials and this allow it to have a Resistance to fire classified as Classe 0 due to the Italian standards. (please note that a classe O fire resistance refers to products that in case of fire, will never be burned and will not release smokes).
- Some stone fragments used to produce the Ecostone® tiles derive from the crush of the leftover waste stones from the working process of natural stone quarries.
- The stone aggregates used for the production of our “GRANITE” range are declared recycled material accordingly to the UNI EN ISO 14021 standards, with 100% recycled contents accordingly to point 18.104.22.168 b).
- The production of this material does not require cooking at high temperatures and so ensures energy savings.
- The water used for the production comes from a water recycling system :
The mud produced from the abrasion of the tiles is filter-pressed and the resulting water is re-used by the tiles polishing plant. Further, the mud which remain after this process is consigned to companies interested on its reutilization.
The second choice or off-cuts materials are cut and re-used as smaller sizes or cut into samples. A part of second choice material is also sold with a special lower price.
- We are ISO 9001 certificated : Quality management system for Design production and selling of agglomerated tiles (operative / management requirements for the satisfaction of the customers in relation to the products and services we offer).
- The energy consumption of the product manufacturing process are measured, reviewed and reported on less than once every three months.
- Gas and liquid emissions from the product manufacturing process are measured, reviewed and reported once a year. Our Italian Regulation required it once a year.
- Product material inputs including packaging are measured, reviewed and reported no less than once every three months.
- The plastic wrapping we use to cover our pallets is produced using in part recycled materials.
- 100% of the material used for the production of Ecostone products are bought from Italian suppliers. (Just as an exception one stone grains we use for only two products (which represent less than 1% of our production) coming from Spain and it is delivered to us from our supplier by truck).
Ecostone: to design and build respecting the environment!